Wednesday, January 11, 2012

not much of much, part three

I don't have a TV.
I haven't taken antibiotics in over ten years.
I don't do Faceboook.
I don't smoke. Anymore.
I don't have a dishwasher.
I don't have a nice car. Or a nice job.
I am not a supermodel. Not even close.
I am not a rockstar.
I have no special talents or abilities. I don't even make a great impression of a person that does.
I barely have an ego; and nothing that contributes to it. To make it so.

But I do have...

Three boys in my house that I love and who love me back. And give great hugs.
Two beautiful kids to walk home from school every day.
Healthy food and interesting friends and neighbors to enjoy it with.
A home that I look forward to coming home to.
Cell phone coverage and a never-ending flow of wine.
Heat and toothpaste and hot showers and nice paintings.
A husband who adores me and challenges me and pushes me and supports me.
A healthy bod, thank God, and a park to run in.
Warm covers and a great Church that I hate to miss. And know I will miss.

I, actually, have much, William. I'm happy to report.
I have much.
In fact, I am, at moments, very content with that. I think that's a start.

1 comment: